Diving the Keuka

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings fellow divers I have the opportunity to dive the Keuka in Lake Charlivoy Michigan. I was just wondering if any one had links or information on the wreck?
A survey sketch or map of key places would be awesome.
I have watched a few videos of diving but none really have given the entire overview that I am seeking.
Thank you for your consideration and time.

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

Hi Cam
Four of us from Grand Valley Scuba Divers in Grand Rapids, MI are heading up to the Keuka, Jacob P and Elizebeth - heading up this Sat and will be inagurating my new boat as a dive boat. Come join us if you can - we have GPS #s for all three and hear that Jacob & Keuka are bouyed.
Where else can we dive 3 wrecks nearly 100 years old all in the same inland lake?
Supposed to be mid to upper 60's and sunny - great weather for a late season dive.
Don't get much better than that.

Greetings Samboney I wish I did not have plans I would be up there to dive with you!
We went loaded for bear with 36% Nitrox and did a hour long perimeter dive and internal dive as well. Very beautiful wreck when the sun is up and shining.
Tremendous history with the Keuka, if those beams could tell a story!

We were planning to try to find the Jacob P and did not know it was moored.
I thought it was very interesting as well, a bit deeper 65' at the sand near the keel.
A little tight to swim the interior and silty, if you make any contact.
We were videoing so we waited for the camera to go first. For as old as it is very intact, I do not know much of the history of it though.

I have not been on the Elizebeth but it is on the list for next year.
You will probably enjoy awesome vis if the weather calmer and due to decreased boat traffic. We had about 20-30 feet of vis which was way good for me but I could see that some times of the year it would be awesome.
I have watched some ice dives that were top to bottom vis 45' that is tremendous.

Watch the graph and the coordinates the mooring marker was submerged the day we were on the Kueka. I highly recommend tying in to the line it possible. We put a anchor down and kicked it in but the wind and waves had pulled the boat about 20 yards. Not a big deal but could have been one lucky for us we had someone on the boat.

You guys have a blast and look for the giant small mouth that was at the stern!
He was huge over 5lbs easy, maybe 6lbs. It was a great day!
Have a safe dive!

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom