Aeris ion regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an aeris Ion and instructions describe how to set the dive and predive lever however on my regualtor there are no markings as described in the manual. What is the reason for this? If in fact I have no markings could you please describe the settings for me. Is the predive with the lever up and pointing up my nostrils or is it horizontal and pointing towards my lips.

Thanks

Craig

Thank you SoccerDad

That's funny I have been diving with it for a year now and I thought I saw the markings and thus always up for pre-dive and towards me for dive. Just last week I went and looked at it and realized there is no (+) or (-) as you indicated. It's nice to have a little reassurance now :)

I also have a new Ion regulator with the AT400 DVT first stage. I've noticed that 2 of the 4 lp ports on the first stage are marked with the letter 'R' -one on the right side and one on the left side. The Ion came out of the box connected to a first stage port on left marked 'R'. I've connected my octo to the remaining port on left not marked 'R'. I would like to reverse the first stage hose connections to the second stage primary and octo, but I don't want to degrade performance of the Ion if the 'R' stamp has some special meaning. The manual really doesn't indicate any difference in the lp ports, but I thought I'd check before making any changes.

Aeris, can we get some responses here? I also have an Ion with the AT40DVT first stage, and I am not sure I like it at all. It fell apart on me on like it's 4th dive, the front of the second stage just came apart (unscrewed). Aeris took care of it like a champ and fixed it quickly, but since then I don't feel the regulator has been consistent. I keep giving it chances to make sure its not just me. I'll have dive where everything seems perfect and then the next dive I feel like I cant get enough air. The manual says to adjust the air flow until you hear air leaking through and then back it down 1 turn. Well that was fine a couple of dives ago, but the last dive I never got it to leak air so I couldn't adjust it correctly. Guess what, on that dive I felt like I wasn't getting enough delivery. This regulator probably only has 12 dives on it since I got it back, maybe a total of 5 days use. Also the manual, as the others have said, is very poorly written. Please help or post other feelings on this regulator. Maybe I just need to exchange the whole unit.

thanks all. i just got mine and had the same question.

i thought the directions were written by me they were so poor. I even went to the website looking for a pdf with pictures. i like pictures.

My assumption (mind you i'm crazy) was the up position looked like a + sign. i also looked inside to figure out what was going on. i'm glad i guessed correctly but you shouldn't have to guess with something like a reg IMO.

Can't wait to mess with the air flow when i dive with it the first time in Jan.

thanks all. i just got mine and had the same question.

i thought the directions were written by me they were so poor. I even went to the website looking for a pdf with pictures. i like pictures.

My assumption (mind you i'm crazy) was the up position looked like a + sign. i also looked inside to figure out what was going on. i'm glad i guessed correctly but you shouldn't have to guess with something like a reg IMO.

Can't wait to mess with the air flow when i dive with it the first time in Jan.

I have been very happy with mine. It breaths really comfortably. The swivel makes head movements effortless. I have had it down to 42 deg and though it whines a little I still felt comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom