The Big Blue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jjblue

Registered
Reaction score
So.. The Big Blue is arguably the best free diving movie ever made.

I have yet to come accross a great scuba diving movie.

My question is ... are there any out there??

jjblue once bubbled...
So.. The Big Blue is arguably the best free diving movie ever made.

It's the only one isn't it????

Ummm you're right though scuba seems to have slipped through Hollywood's net...

Men of Honor is very good though - that's about diving the ol' fashioned way....

Hey, JJBlue:

I saw "Le Grand Blue" while I was working in France back in "98", and have never been able to find it here in the U.S. Where did you find this movie?

Do you know where I can order it off the net?

Great Flick, but I would like to hear the english version.

safe diving=-)

Clyde

I bought a VHS copy of "The Big Blue" off ebay.

"UnderWater" is one of my favorite scuba movies. It has beautiful color underwater photography, a nice theme song, and great shots of divers with double hose regulators.

"Thunderball" (1965) has an epic James Bond underwater fight scene.

LLoyd Bridges 1966 movie "Around the World Under the Sea" is a classic.

Don't forget Nick Nolte and Jaqueline Bisset in "The Deep".

I puchased the "Director's Cut" of "The Big Blue" at Best Buy. I believed I found it in the Drama section. The Director's Cut adds about another hour to the film. Total running length is close to three hours. I was a bit disappointed in the change to the soundtrack. That haunting New Age music that was in the U.S. release was gone.

Not too long ago over at the Home Theater Forums web site, www.hometheaterforum.com, there was a discussion on the movie section that director James Cameron has signed on to direct a movie based on Cuban free-diver Pipin's life.

No joke ... I searched for about 6 months to find this movie and it all of a sudden just "popped" up at blockbuster.

I think you would have a hard time buying it in any store .. but I have seen a number of websites you can order it off of.

Definitly worth looking for!!

conchnclyde once bubbled...
Hey, JJBlue:

I saw "Le Grand Blue" while I was working in France back in "98", and have never been able to find it here in the U.S. Where did you find this movie?

Do you know where I can order it off the net?

Great Flick, but I would like to hear the english version.

safe diving=-)

Clyde

I'd be interested in finding this too. I've been doing a search every month or so on Kazaa. I've had a copy up in "searching" mode for about 3 weeks now. I just need that one guy out there to log on. I have part of the file so I know he's there.

You're all kidding right?? I rented this movie at Blockbuster about a year ago and my buddy and I thought it was the "hokiest" flick we've ever seen. The acting was marginal, the characters comical and Roseanna Arquette completely annoying. I guess we missed something......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom