Wisdom 2 Air Integrated Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FredGarvin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a Wisdom 2 Air integrated C. It stopped working for no apparent reason on my first dive in Fiji a year ago. Because of the failure I had to exit the water and lose my first dive. I had no back-up pressure gauge attached to the tank, so I could not know the remaining air and therefore had to cancel the dive. I did, however , have a wrist computer by Oceanic. The problem is the Oceanic wrist computer uses a different algorithm so the numbers do not correspond. I want to get a back up for my Wisdom 2 but as far as I can tell there is no non-air integrated version of this computer available from Sherwood. Does Sherwood have any wrist computer that runs the same algorithm and would act as the "perfect" back-up computer? P.S. I haven't the time to get my computer fixed until now.

Thank you.

Garvin, M.P.

Fred,
I hope this is the same Fred Garvin MP that I remember from SNL, too funny. The Sherwood Insight comes in a wrist mount (WR0729) and the Profile (WR0529) also comes in a wrist mount. These have the same algorithm as the Wisdom but do not offer air integration.
Safe diving Fred.
Team Sherwood

Fred,
I hope this is the same Fred Garvin MP that I remember from SNL, too funny. The Sherwood Insight comes in a wrist mount (WR0729) and the Profile (WR0529) also comes in a wrist mount. These have the same algorithm as the Wisdom but do not offer air integration.
Safe diving Fred.
Team Sherwood
Yeah, same one from SNL. Read my Bio. The wrist mount has the same algorithm so I assume the numbers would be exactly equal?

Thanks

Garv

Fred,
Safe diving Fred.
Team Sherwood

Hey Team Sherwood,

Maybe it is just my incompetence, but I cannot find these wrist mounts on the Sherwood web site. I was wondering about the differences between the two?

Thank you,
Garv

Garv,

Here are links to the products. You will need to click on the photo of the wrist model to see it up close.

Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!

Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!
Team Sherwood

It seems to me that the only difference between the Insight and the Profile is the lack of download capacity by the Profile. Is this true or are there other differences?

As I mentioned, I want to buy a small back up computer with the same dive profiling software as my Wisdom-2, yet not air-integrated, of course, so one of these units would definitely work. I just have to decide which.

Thank you.
Garv

Garv,
Yes, the download capability with the Insight is an added feature. Also the 2 button navigation makes it much easier to navigate. The Profile is designed to be economical, simple and easy to use. If cost and simplicity sound good go with the Profile. Since it is a back up and it sounds like you dive often, maybe the ease of navigation and downloading would be nice features for you.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

Back
Top Bottom