The Adventures of Uncle Pug: the Anchored Boat Stories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that you chose SCUBA over the private pilot's licence.

What are your plans for the next chapter?

awap once bubbled...
What are your plans for the next chapter?
I was thinking "Landings that I walked away from."

But then this is a scuba board... so I'll save those for the book.

I'm here at work, reading... laughing out loud... big giant smile plastered across my face...
"You really love your work, don't you?"
Oh, oh! A co-worker just walked in.
"Ah, yeah.." Click mouse over to task list, "Love it... really."
That's it. I'm not reading any more of your stories, UP!
'Till lunch...

Those are hilarious... the 'misadventures of Uncle Pug'. That could be like the mother goose fairy tales book for divers... lol :wink:

Thanks for sharing! :D

I was thinking about putting together a book, "Great Dive Stories: (Mis)Adventures Below the Surface."

At this point, Uncle Pug has the most contributions.

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
I was thinking about putting together a book...
I was thinking book too. Actually it will probably be a series of books called; no surpise here:

"The Adventures of Uncle Pug."

In fact some of it is already copywrited. :wink:

I just figured I would put some of the diving related stuff up here on Scuba Board for you folks to enjoy. :D

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

I was thinking book too. Actually it will probably be a series of books called; no surpise here:

"The Adventures of Uncle Pug."

In fact some of it is already copywrited. :wink:

I just figured I would put some of the diving related stuff up here on Scuba Board for you folks to enjoy. :D

Uncle Pug,

Your stories are an absolute HOOT! I was thinking that you should write a book, then I found this post! "Cool, I sez!" I hope you do, and I will be happy to pony up for a copy!:D

Great storiesUP,
Just curious, in the fist one you mentioned a digital knot meter. A quick search shows me it's too expensive to buy as a "cool toy" when I really have no serious practical need for it. (Still want one though :D )

Anyway, how does it take a reading? Do you have to place it in the water or over the water or does it read like a gps or something?

mmmmmm....on a second look this doesnt' seem to be a hand held device. It looks like a part of a ships instrumentation. Can you get a handheld version?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom