gps coordinates in the panhandle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceLisenby

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there a place I could get a list of gps coordinates of good dive sites between Destin and Orange Beach?

MBT has a decent list on their site.

Keep in mind, that there are well over a thousand known spots to dive in Orange Beach and Pensacola alone, from limestone ledges, to fishing pyramids, military aircraft, army tanks, cargo ships, Volkswagens, and even battleships and aircraft carriers.

The vast, vast, vast majority of the published numbers are utter crap unless you're a spearfisher, and even them, there's lots of crap out there. The problem is, you really can't tell until you get down there, as even the sonar can miss some good photo ops or lobster dens.

I suggest you start with the usual dive spots, dive them all, then start working on the stuff you've never heard of. My usual group has wasted hour, upon hour, upon hour, looking for stuff that's long gone (rusted away, or moved by storms), but we've also found a few secret spots that no one else ever dives (some that don't appear to get fished either). THOSE spots are worth doing the crap-dives for.

Hetland is spot on about this there are thousands of possibility's

If the boss for this job is reading, I could check 10 sites a week and for ten dollars less then Hetland!

Damn, how do I sign up for that job? I could easily hit six a week if someone was paying me to go out there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom