Diving F4-U Corsair Video Pensacola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefishvideo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
[vimeo]16642439[/vimeo]
Hope I embedded this correctly!?
Just wanted to post this here as this was the first time I have been able to dive a mostly intact aircraft in the Pensacola area. There used to be many more aircraft wrecks but they have dissapeared over the years.
Here is the link if you want to watch it on vimeo in HD. http://www.vimeo.com/16642439
I also have more on my site .... Firefish video home

Nice video, what was the depth at the site? Also was there anything else to swim to from that site?

Nice video, what was the depth at the site? Also was there anything else to swim to from that site?

Hey, Depth was around 130' , Wreck was within a few miles of the Avocette, I didn't see/know of anything close enough to swim to from the Corsair. I'm sure there are other spots which are close, but probably not That close.

You do great video. You should really consider putting together a video with some of the more popular dive sites for divers to enjoy. Gary from Gary's Gulf Divers did one a few years ago with the YDT's, Avocet, Pete Tide, etc and was a great video and valuable resource to actually see what a site has to offer before you go. You should put one of these types of videos together, I am sure MBT and other shops would sell something that promoted the great sites Pensacola has to offer.

I think that locals as well as people looking to do some dives in Pensacola would be interested in something like this.

Walter thanks for remembering that video, what I have the most trouble with is editing software

Out of Orange Beach there's another Corsair, much in the same condition and placement as this one, in about 70' of water. Its not within swimming distance of anything else either, but still a good 2nd or 3rd dive to round out a boat trip.

Walter thanks for remembering that video, what I have the most trouble with is editing software

That still is a great video, I watch it here and there to this day. I was watching it the other day and I am pretty sure that Robert Weller (my wife's dive instructor) is the white haired guy on the Avocet with the camera (pretty cool).

Out of Orange Beach there's another Corsair, much in the same condition and placement as this one, in about 70' of water. Its not within swimming distance of anything else either, but still a good 2nd or 3rd dive to round out a boat trip.

I miss diving Orange Beach, I have been spending so much time, effort, and money on fresh water diving I need to get back to my honey hole (Orange Beach) and get in some salt water dives. Nothing better than offshore diving with Gary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom