Moving to Naples, Italy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munclematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello Scubaboard, Its been a while!

So I am moving back to the coast shortly and need help on diving info. I will be moving to Naples, Italy for about 7 months. If there are any clubs, dive shops, or special dive spots in the area you can guide me too?

I am a huge wreck and cave diver. I enjoy more challenging dives. Drift and wall dives are a close second to me. Any suggestions on wetsuit? Do the Italians do their gauges in Bar or ATM? Are they mostly DIN valves? I will be bringing my own BC, Reg, Computer, Mask, and fins. Just need weight, tanks, and suit.

If there any companies, dive clubs, or people that just wanna dive in Italy area please PM or post in this thread. Thanks a lot!

I am a huge wreck and cave diver. I enjoy more challenging dives. Drift and wall dives are a close second to me. Any suggestions on wetsuit? Do the Italians do their gauges in Bar or ATM? Are they mostly DIN valves? I will be bringing my own BC, Reg, Computer, Mask, and fins. Just need weight, tanks, and suit.

Many questions :)

200 km south of Naples there is Palinuro: lot of caves.

Wrecks: Go here to find wrecks. It's one of italian best web sites about wrecks (in english too)

Wetsuit: I can just say that from November to May a drysuit can be better, after a wetsuit can be ok. But it depends a lot on you. The water temperatures can vary a lot: about 12°-13° in winter and 23°-25° in summer.

Bar o ATM: the gauges are in bar, but there is a big difference between the two measures? As far as I know 1 bar is 0,987 ATM.

DIN: ok everywhere. All my regulators are DIN.

Weights and tank are always included in the cost of the dive.

Other questions?

Ciao.
A.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom