Hello Guys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atefsah

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm new to the area..I used to live in South California and I had few dives in there. I'm excited to discover the new area here. I would like to get some info, if u dont mind, on what the best spots to dive at as for an intermediate...I dove once in point lobos and it was kind of cold especially that I was diving 7mm. They told me about 'Break Water' and wondering to have a buddy or an instructor i can dive with this coming weekend..Looking forward..

Cheers
Atef

Hey Atef,
Just for future reference, I think this part of the forum is often overlooked by those that frequent the Norcal forum. You'll get much better views if you post on the normal Norcal forum.

The cold water is just a conditioning factor. I have a few friends who get cold in a 7mm and I have a few that do just fine. If you're sporting a one piece, you may want to invest in a 5mm hooded vest.

Good dive sites around here would be Breakwater, Otter cove, and Lover's Pt.
There's also Monastery, Carmel River, and Butterfly house, but I would list those as advanced to upper intermediate because of the entry process.
Monastery has a treacherous shore break, and I've heard you have to hike a bit with Butterfly House.

As for diving buddys, I'm done for the next few weeks. Gotta study for my finals now =.=
Try posting another request in the regular Norcal forum, or hopefully a mod will move this for you. =]

Hi g1138,

Thank you for the advice! I'm really not very familiar with the forum, so I will definitely move to the one you suggested.

Last week I dove in Monterrey harbor, there were couple spots we went to, I'm not sure the exact appellation, but they were splendid, especially the anemones, so beautiful!! I had a dive master that showed me around though.

Good luck with your finals, and if you are to get back to the water, just let me know, probably we can plan together, and you will be the dive-master, so you can show me your favorite spots. :)

Thanks
Atef

Thank you. I'll be sure to send out a message anytime I'm looking for a buddy. =]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom