Depth Compensating Weight Belt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paladin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Forty years ago, I bought a weight belt that was made from standard nylon webbing but had three heavy, rubber depth compensators at the center of the back. I haven't seen another like it for many years and I was just wondering if anyone knows if they are still being made and where one might be purchased.

You can probably make one with some bungi and a hot poker. A better solution is a freedivers rubber belt.

You can DIY. DumpsterDiver makes something similar. SS QR buckle, 2" nylon webbing, and thick rubber.

Paladin, I have two of them, If you find one, the rubber tubing is replaceable in the plastic holders. I like them bettter than the rubber belt.

One of mine is long and threads through pack, to keep scuba unit tight, and the other is just weight belt only.

Happy Diving

Paladin, I have two of them, If you find one, the rubber tubing is replaceable in the plastic holders. I like them bettter than the rubber belt.

One of mine is long and threads through pack, to keep scuba unit tight, and the other is just weight belt only.

Happy Diving

I liked mine, too. It got lost when I moved once back in the '80s and I haven't been able to find another one.

Back
Top Bottom