Wisdom II & Windows 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SEMO Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently I installed the Sherwood dive log software for my Wisdom II blue button dive computer on a new laptop with Windows 7. The Sherwood software instructions specify that you click the + to add new dives, then after a down load window pops up you plug in the USB adaptor, test interface, and then download new dives. On my old laptop with Windows XP this process worked fine.

With the new laptop and Windows 7 this process would not work. When I would click on the + to add new dives the interface window would not come up and the program locks up.

I discovered by trial and error that if I plug the USB adaptor cable in before I open the Sherwood dive log program that it will work. So I start by plugging in the USB adaptor, then open the Sherwood dive log program, and click the + sign to add new dives. The download window opens and it shows that it is connected. I skip the test interface step, and proceed to download dives.

If anyone else is having issues using Windows 7 you might want to try this process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom