Stuttgart diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquaregia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
In an odd twist of fate, I might be moving to Stuttgart for a few months for work. What are the diving opportunities on that side of the world? I don't mind cold or dark.

Additionally, I'm trying to get my gf to come with me, however she'd really need some sort of casual employment to make it work. What are the employment prospects for a PADI OWSI? She doesn't speak German, but she can do French and Spanish.

Hi,
There are lots of dive clubs in Germany. I have not been diving Stuttgart but probably you can find some (coldish) lakes around. I live less than 200 Km and we have some small lakes around (I'm quite new in diving so I do not know many places)

Getting a job without german can be difficult.

Will a 7mm work or will I need a drysuit? I usually dive water down to 10C in my wetsuit (although I'm quite cold). I just got my drysuit so I'm a bit hesitant to dive it in front of people I don't know :)

I have a 5.5m and it was OK between May and end October.
But the dives were not deep (learning :D). Usually the thermoclime kicks from 10m
middle of the summer the lake I was diving was around 20 Centigrades (68 in F)
My buddy usually wear two 5 m.
Other people I'm with also use a wetsuit
For diving in winter you will need the drysuit (one day I will get one), I have not done so I cannot comment much.

It is highly possible that the dive shops in Stuttgart have people who speaks (more or less) English.

I've checked this site Tauchen auf Taucher.Net - dem Infonetz fr Taucher - und solche die es werden wollen (In German)
they have a DB with dive places and shops (probably not 100% complete) but you can use it as "starting point")

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom