How was DEMA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I went to the last two DEMAS. I skipped this one, since it's here in Houston next year.
So, how was it?
What did you see, learn, & do?

My wife and I went on Wednesday and I went again by myself on Thursday. It's the first time either of us had gone so I really don't have much to compair it with but I thought it was great and we both had fun. There was so much to see and do, so many people to talk with and just to many freebees to carry around all day. Getting a chance to see all the newest, latest and greatest equipment was the best part. Made my mouth water seeing all that new teckie stuff.

I posted a bunch of pictures I took if you're interested in seeing what it looked like.

Wish I could join you next year in Houston but I don't hink that's going to happen.

Scott

DEMA 2003

Not a problem. Hope you enjoyed them.

Scott

It kinda looks like

Our World underwater

but on a retail level vs. consumer level

Correct??

I've been to OWU in Chicago 6 times. Yes, Dema is close to the same thing.
It's a bit grander scale, maybe two or three times the size of OWU.
And it is set up to be for people in the dive industry to attend. But, like any business, because of money, it's very easy for the public to pay and to attend.

The pictures were taken early Wednesday and Thrusday. I figured that more locals would have showen up on Saturday then during the week. It was still fairly crowed though, especially around some of the more popular exhibits.

I liked the H2 as well. Sure wish they were giving it away but it was only a loner from a local dealer with what appeared to be a removeable decal of the Akona frog.

Scott

Scott..... http://dive.scubadiving.com/talk/read.php?f=1&i=798265&t=798265

Fugu from Rodales, is asking for permission to use your DEMA photos in his report. I can pass it along to him or you can follow the link and talk to him yourself.

Thanks for the photos!

Scott:
I think I forgot to thank you too. Great job on the photos and thanks for the report.
If you do end up coming here to Houston next year, let us know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom