BHB and slack tide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wattsup23

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My father and I are going to dive BHB tomorrow, but after reading up on the dive i see a lot of people recommend diving during slack tide. Well slack tide is around 6 am or 7 pm and then you have afternoon thunder storms to worry about. So my question is how important is slack tide when diving there? If we got there some time after the slack tide is the dive going to be that more difficult because the tide is so bad?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Whoops...I think I was looking at the wrong Sunday.

I don't have experience there aside from high tide.

Go an hour early and if you can't find parking I've had good luck dropping gear and one person then parking st the bank on the left if you take a left out of the park.

Lots of regulars who will hopefully chime in with more advice

im just worried about the afternoon thunderstorms, so i dont know if the afternoon dive would work

BHB is not weather dependent--the viz might suck due to runoff or lousy viz outside the inlet--but when seas are 6-8ft outside and the winds are 20 or more--It's STILL diveable. Lightning could be a problem--but there's a lot of high stuff around--the bridge for example.............quite a nice ground for lightning.

On another note, the tide link you have is for west palm beach. Seems to me that a lot of BHB advice websites use the port of palm beach tables instead, which list high tide as 5:19.

I'm planning to be up there today to get in the water around 4:40...hoping to find some more octopi to photograph and wishing for an eagle ray to swoop by! They seem to know when I'm not ready to take a shot of them....

On another note, the tide link you have is for west palm beach. Seems to me that a lot of BHB advice websites use the port of palm beach tables instead, which list high tide as 5:19.

I'm planning to be up there today to get in the water around 4:40...hoping to find some more octopi to photograph and wishing for an eagle ray to swoop by! They seem to know when I'm not ready to take a shot of them....

YOU WAant to be in the water much ealier. it is better to do most of the dive durig the incoming tide. once it turns vis goes down

You are right jahjah i just called force-e dive shop andc the said the high tide was 5:11 and recommended in getting in the water at 4:30-4:20. My father and i will be there at around 4 or before looking for parking and getting ready. Maybe we will run into each other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom