Restriction banding 55lbs wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martzak

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
HI,

Any advice on how to restriction-band a wing? Specifically what type of cord to use (latex tubing etc.)...where can I buy such a cord? how tightly should the cord be wrapped around the wing?
Any advice will be appreciated.

-martin

Such wings are not known as bungee wings of death for nothing. My suggestion is ask yourself why do you need to do such foobaring??

Hint: the italic word is the material you are looking for.

:popcorn:

Well, you asked for advice, so... If the wing is too big, sell it and buy a smaller one.

(Wings with bungees usually have grommets or loops to thread the bungee through--it's not just wrapped around the wing.)

When I have seen bungied wings, they have usually had roughly 1/4" bungie. However, the wing is built with grommets or fabric loops to allow the weaving of the bungie. If your wing doesn't have those, it may be difficult to construct a bungie system for it.

I am, of course, of a like mind with the other folks. If your wing is too big, sell it and buy a properly sized one. But you didn't ask for that opinion, so I gave you the best information I have.

The wing on my Zeagle Escape BC has a bungied wing, and I'm still around.

Adam
Just wait...your turn is coming

Thanks for the "advice"...I'll just talk to my LDS.
I am sure they will be able to sell you a new wing.

But you could just save money by wrapping your wing with bungee cord. Just punch a whole bunch of holes in the middle section.

I think I use 2mm bungee and two sizes of eyelets.

Fifteen bucks with tools

Had a look at stuff, on "the net" for an idea of placement
then adapted the ideas to suit the couple I have modified

Two small eyelets, close together horizontally, on
the side panels and the bigger ones in the middle

Currently modifying an old H55lb monster to fit
on a device where it will mainly be used on the
surface so empty flapping whilst diving is badd.

Plain brass seems to work well with some
indelible marker pen, if you like that stuff

Back
Top Bottom