i keep going back and forth oxycheq or dive rite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScotty561

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In the market for my first wing. I keep posting on here I want a dive rite then I want an oxycheq I can't make up my mind. This is what I've come too so far, I thought the design of the oxycheq was good and it comes in a 30# which I think would be good for me but the warranty isn't great and I've seen so many complaints on here about customer service with oxycheq and customer service is something big with me. On the other hand dive rite looks like they have a good warranty but they only make wings in 25# & 35# I think the 25# would be to small for me but the 35# I worry about it starting to Taco. I'll be diving steel HP 100 with anywhere from 8-17# of lead depending on the season. Does anybody have experience with the voyager that dives like I do? Also I'm leaning more towards the dive rite because my lds sells them and I would have to order the oxycheq. Also with the dive rite my lds has a policy you can buy it an use it and if you don't like it return for store credit but then I'm stuck with what they have in the store if I don't like it. I think I may go with the dive rite but does anybody know if the voyager tacos with 7.25 inch tanks? Thank you!

if its a singles wing it shouldn't taco excessively no matter how much lift it has, the main drawback of the dive rite vs oxycheq is you will need a STA with the dive rite, the oxy has roll control built in that works quite well for single tank diving. As far as customer service, oxy only has a bad reputation with customers contacting them directly, my local LDS is a dealer and has never had an issue dealing with them. I have 2 oxy 30lb wings and they are great (one black and one pink for the XYL), another option is the hog singles wing, which will save you about $100 over either the DR or oxy. you really cant go wrong with any of them, they are all quality products.

Yes I will be diving singles and to get the oxy I'd have to order off the internet and that means if I had a problem I would have to contact oxy directly, but ill look into the hogs thank you.

I use a Dive Rite 27# lift wing without a STA and my tank stays put just fine.

Reactions: Jax
Yes I will be diving singles and to get the oxy I'd have to order off the internet and that means if I had a problem I would have to contact oxy directly, but ill look into the hogs thank you.

You can always order the Oxy from Scubatoys - then if you do have issues, you just work through them.

either scuba toys or edd at cave adventures would be the places to get an oxy wing online, both have good service. The hog wing is not as compact as the oxy wings, but is still a great value, if you look at the picture in my profile that is the hog 32 wing.

Oxy definitely lacks customer service, but the Mack V Extreme is the toughest wing I have found and I like the geometry. Since very few dive shops handle Oxy, there are a few tech oriented internet dealers that do and provide good service. I am personally pleased with the service and advice from Peter at Add Helium

I have seen many single wing in use. Oxycheq Mach V is the most streamline of all. Even at 40lb of lift, it doesn't taco much. The same cannot be said for some other brand and model. The outter shell is also very tough. If I have pick some shortcomings, they would be 1) it is a bit longer than other so you don't want to use a very short tank with it. 2)outter shell material is hard, so it is hard to fold flat if you need to pack for travel. 3)corrogated hose is pretty long for single wing. Other than these, very thing is so far so good. Overall, I would recommend Oxy over DiveRite, HOG and Halcyon. DSS is the only other wing I will consider if not Oxy.

I have never needeed CS support for my MK5 30# wing but thats cuz the dam thing is near indestructable. I got mine via Scuba Toys and tey stand behind anything they sell so even in Oxy is dificult to deal with ST is easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom