Breakers GPS coords

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darianis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
some friends are down for the weekend and I'm thinking about taking them out to the breakers for some fun. I have heard this is a great spot and not too deep. but as I have never been there I don't know where to go.

Is there much current there? and does anyone have any verified gps coords?

Thanks

Breakers is a great drift dive, very beautiful, and with little challenge when using a charter boat.
If you were to anchor on it, this would be about a 99% chance you would not make it back to the boat...
No one, anchors this area....

There is the shallow breakers reef, at about 18 to 23 feet deep, with mooring bouys off of the Breakers hotel...it sounds like this is your best option, if you have to use your own boat....the shallow reef is nice, but nothing like the 40 to 60 foot reef.

Here is a video shot off the 40 to 60 foot Breakers Reef.... ‪Scuba Lab testing BCD's in Palm Beach, Florida‬‏ - YouTube

thanks for the info. Are the bouys easy to find? right in front of the resort or nearby?

The Breakers Resort is huge, and an easy visual landmark for you to find from your boat. When you come in to a depth of around 18 feet, just off the Breakers and slightly north of it, you will see the mooring bouys.

On a weekend, you will see other boats using this, and snorkelers and divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom