Blue Heron Bridge and high tides sept 28-30 plus couple of other questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocdiver1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Can't believe I only just now heard about this place and I'm very excited to dive it!! I'm trying to come out from the West Coast the last week in September, and, from everything I've read, I know it's best to dive it one hour before high tide. Does anyone happen to have tide info for Sept 28-30th? I'm planning on combining this with trips to see the goliath groupers and wanted to see how many days one would recommend diving the bridge..2, maybe 3? I'd be planning on spending as much time in the water as possible each of those days.

Also, is it Pura Vida that's the closest shop for tanks/air fills?

And finally, will be by myself...if anyone else will be diving BHB those days and wouldn't mind a buddy let me know! Experienced @1000 dive diver and photographer.

thanks

W 28 High 9:29 AM

Th 29 High 10:20 AM

F 30 High 11:12 AM

Can't join you, I'll be chained to my desk. BHB is great for macro, my dive buddies use 60mm, 85mm, and 105mm lenses. Several regulars even use diopters with their 105's!

Pura Vida is close, so is Force-E. I tend to favor Force-E due to familiarity and great service. A lot of people like Pura Vida too.

You could dive all 3 days and see different things each day. Of course if you are planning on doing boat dives, those are best scheduled in the morning this time of year to avoid afternoon storms.

Hey ocdiver as a transplanted sd and oc diver, with many many dives up at laguna I can do a dive at the blue heron bridge either the 28th or 29th. shoot me a pm and we can get it set up.You can let me know how much has changed in oc diving since I left CA in '03'

If you get a chance don't miss a night dive at the Bridge. It is eye opening!

Force-E is sponsoring a night dive on Monday the 26th if you are here by then. You MUST call them to sign up, but there is no charge and no obligation if you do not show. They have to give you a parking permit to keep you from being ticketed so they want you to sign up with them before so they know how many they need. We rent tanks from them and they usually have someone from the shop at the dive (but they do not "lead" it) and will allow you to drop them off after the dive if you are from out of town and finish up at a reasonable time, but check with them first.

This place is always great (on our last dive -- 15 minutes with a batfish) and is macro heaven, but at night it is really something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom