BHB Trip - Many questions, requests for advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw a mention of "Open Waters Resort" in some thread here somewhere. It looked like I could dive the bridge directly from their little beach? Their attached reviews say "park and never moved the car for 4 days". Sounds like my kind of thing.

Anybody have any feedback on this place?

I've never heard of it. Curious if others have. I'm skeptical that such a place exists. If it does, I'm wondering why I've not heard of it until now!

Curious if others have.
We all pass it a zillion times. A couple of divers have made mention they have stayed there. The biggest complaint was there were no available parking spaces and parking on that island is tow truck driver's dream. ($$). I think for the rates, all said there are better places to stay that we've all discussed.

I've been looking at tide tables. It looks like I can choose when I want to dive (morning, mid-day, afternoon) by just shuffling my dates a little. If you got to choose which would you do? Pura Vida also has night dives scheduled on some weeks that have an early high tide. Worth getting up at the crack of dawn for a chance at night dives?
In general during the week the earlier the tide the fewer divers in the water. So early high tides 0700-1000 there are less divers and less beach goers at the park, makes things really easy. High tides 1130-1700, by high tide the parking lot will get pretty close to filled, as you move into September, October, November the crowding tapers off, but will still be a lot people there (all of this "in general"). Weekends are another matter. For high tides later than 0730 -0930 the place will be filled with divers, and very little beach goers, so lots of divers in the water. Past 0930 there will be more beach goers in the park, so it limits the amount of divers in the water, but still it will be crowded. This summer it seems ridiculous, everybody knows that you have to get there early so if high tide is at 1100 the parking lot will be completely filled by 0800, 1200 high tide parking lot will be filled by 0830. Thing is if you are staying close its easy to get there, better to bring coffee and bagel with you get your parking spot and wait for the high tide. Also, if you are there really early you can snorkel trail 2.5 hours to 3 hours before high tide to kill some time before you dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom