DCS symptoms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RDRINK25

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What are some of the symptoms of DCS? I know an ache feeling but how long after you dive can they show up? Can they show up 3 days after you dive?

I once did a double dip on the Speigle Grove and stayed too long on the second dive. I was diving an AL80 and just barely got into the green with only about 200psi when I got on the boat. Later that day I felt some tingling in my fingers on my left hand. I went to the fire station and hung around for an hour and it went away. I don't know is that was a warning or what but I never had any problems with it later.

What are some of the symptoms of DCS? I know an ache feeling but how long after you dive can they show up? Can they show up 3 days after you dive?

Straight from wiki. Could it be possible you had it yesterday and only are noticing it now?

Symptoms by frequency Symptoms Frequency
local joint pain 89%
arm symptoms 70%
leg symptoms 30%
dizziness 5.3%
paralysis 2.3%
shortness of breath 1.6%
extreme fatigue 1.3%
collapse/unconsciousness 0.5%

Onset of DCS symptoms Time to onset Percentage of cases
within 1 hour 42%
within 3 hours 60%
within 8 hours 83%
within 24 hours 98%
within 48 hours 100%

Reactions: Jax
Well I just ended a week of diving in Hawaii 2 tanks a day using Nitrox. I didnt go to any depth nor did I hit any deco limits. My last day of diving was the 23rd we got out of the water at 12 noon. The next day we went to the Volcano which was at 4000' but it was 24 hrs later. Then the next day we got on a plane in the evening time which I was then in the air for 13hrs. Today I am just feeling dizzy and disorented and body has been aching. Nothing serious I am just trying to be on the safe side then anything. Also my ears feel like they are stuffed I keep swallowing to clear them a little which could be the reason I am dizzy.

Then the next day we got on a plane in the evening time which I was then in the air for 13hrs. Today I am just feeling dizzy and disorented and body has been aching. Nothing serious I am just trying to be on the safe side then anything. Also my ears feel like they are stuffed I keep swallowing to clear them a little which could be the reason I am dizzy.

I always feel like that after a long flight, don't need to dive for it.

Signs and symptoms (according to DAN) include, pain, itching, rash, fatigue, nausea, difficulty walking, numbness, visual or speech disturbance, paralysis and headache. Obviously most of these, like headache for example, can have other causes. Symptoms due to arterial gas embolism usually present immediately post dive, and DCS within a few hours. Essentially zero will present three days later. Somehow dive training has generated an almost hysterical fear of DCS. Of course caution is in order, but not every tingle in a joint or headache is a DCS case.

My unprofessional opinion is you got excercise, and are now paying the price

More specifically, did a decent amount of diving. Next day went hiking up a VOLCANO, then sat on a plane for 13 hours

Good reason to be sore, and tired

Thx everyone I did talk with DAN and they assured me of not having DCS.

What are some of the symptoms of DCS?

See Post #4

I know an ache feeling but how long after you dive can they show up? Can they show up 3 days after you dive?

Not likely, from everything I've read. Again, see Post #4.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom