More BCD questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnorris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all!

If you've caught my recent posts you have probably deduced that I'm shopping for a BCD. In my ongoing and ever-expanding quest to choose a BCD I have answered some questions and come up with even more questions. One thing for sure - there are too many choices!! :) I have visited a number of dive shops both local and distant, and everyone has been very helpful, but often contradictory. So on we go.

My latest question for consideration by the group here on scuba board is this:

Has anyone had any experience with the Bare Blackjack BCD? If you have, I'd appreciate a review. Let me know your thoughts.

And for those who may have experience with both of the following BCDs, which would you choose between the Bare Blackjack and the Aqualung Pro QD?

Thanks for any and all input!!

I'm bumping this one up one more time in hopes that someone will have some input on either of these BCDs. Let me know what you know!!

Thanks!!

I have an Aqualung Pro QD, I just wish they would have put a thicker soft back panel. I have back spasms, my previous BCD the Mares Dragon AT with its Back Protection System is better. I mean the Pro QD doesn't hurt my back, but when I dive with random back spasms I feel better with the Dragon AT.
Overall the Aqualung Pro QD is a very good BCD.

I have an Aqualung Pro QD, I just wish they would have put a thicker soft back panel. I have back spasms, my previous BCD the Mares Dragon AT with its Back Protection System is better. I mean the Pro QD doesn't hurt my back, but when I dive with random back spasms I feel better with the Dragon AT.
Overall the Aqualung Pro QD is a very good BCD.

Is the back panel easily removable from your Bcd? Maybe some alteration is possible.

Is the back panel easily removable from your Bcd? Maybe some alteration is possible.
I checked it is fine, It is just a question of thickness of the back panel "cushion", I felt better with the Mares.

I checked it is fine, It is just a question of thickness of the back panel "cushion", I felt better with the Mares.

add some padding

I have had lengthly experience with various BCDs, AquaLung ProQD, Scuba Pro GlidePro Plus, Zeagles Ranger & stilettos etc. I briefly owned a Bare but quality issues lead to a return of it.

Recently I've returned to an AquaLung Pro QD after a year diving with the GlidePro Plus. Interestingly I dove with a Pro QD before the S.P. Pro Plus.

This new QD will be short lived, as I have one of the new AquaLung Axiom I-3's on the way.

Just not a fan of Bare ....

Back
Top Bottom