Best lightweight travel BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isaac-1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Over the last year I have encountered some bad luck when it comes to medical issues, first a fell and broke my back (split compression fracture of L2), then spent most of last summer having various tests, biopsies, and procedures ran ending with a major surgery in August. Thankfully all is healing now I just have a 10 inch long incision scar as a reminder of this adventure and it will soon be time to try to hit the water again, as a side effect of all this I have lost about 35 pounds and now need a new BCD, and I am considering the first one I buy to be a travel model as my wife and I have a tropical cruise planned and it would make a great chance to get in the water for some less than serious diving for the first time in about 18 months.

Therefore I am asking what are your thoughts on the various ultra light weight BCD's on the market (so far I have only looked at the ScubaPro Geo, and can't get past the ugly look), please no backplate/wing suggestions?

thanks Ike

Back
Top Bottom