Seaquest Passport BCD, lost weight pack twice. Fix available? where to get new packs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
The weight packs in my Passport BCD are held in place with velcro only. Twice I have lost a pack while under, fortunately not too deep!

Does anyone know where I can obtain a new pack?

I think this is a major problem. Is anyone aware of a fix so the pack cannot drop out while diving?

Thanks,
CaribbeanSailor

The velcro weight pockets are still available from Aqualung dealers. While the pockets will hold ten pounds in each after a bit that is too much for the velcro and it pulls away. Keeping the velcro clean and free of sand, threads, and debris will help, trimming the long threads of the loop section also gives a stronger hold. Try placing a set of trim pockets on the tank strap and splitting up the weight.

I hesitate to offer a solution that really seems to help but if you are handy, pm me and I will try to explain.

I think you should replace the velcro fastenings with plastic clip fastenings. Those clip fastenings should be sewed to the BCD and pocket.
Care should be taken not to punch the BCD bladder.

This is exactly why my husband sold his ProQD+ (with "sure lock" weight pockets) and bought a Zeagle. No more weight pockets to fall out and replace at $25 each!!

You've been lucky, when he lost one it was on a liveaboard in 150+ of water. :(

Back
Top Bottom