BCD Air Leak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davies

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Does anybody know how to fix a slow air leak in the baffle of a BCD ( Dacor )? This BC was my Dad's and is sentimental to me, + I am unemployed and cannot afford to replace it. There is a zipper around the upper perimeter, so I am hoping there is a compound I can apply externally, or an aerosol I can spray into the inside thru the breather hose.
Thanks in advance for anybody's help.

If it has a zipper that opens, you can open the zipper and expose the internal bladder. I have made small repairs by roughing up the surface with sandpaper and then applying a thin blob of aqua-seal. I would only make repairs that should they fail, I am confident that the BC will still function adequately. In other words a small hole, no problem... A significant cut or seam separation... It isn't worth it.. you can buy a used bC for $125 or less probably; that will function.

Thank you so much. I will buy a new tube of Aqua-Seal and try it today. I will post my results in a day or two.

My buddy fixed a similar small leak in my BC with dry suit seal. It is still holding 2 years later.

Back
Top Bottom