Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BertP

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am in the market for a piece of software that will calculate dive profiles. Ideally, it will cover all deco stuff with nitrox and trimix, open circuit, closed circuit and semi-closed circuit. A plus would be if it is available for both Windows and Android.

What is everyone using now? Pros? Cons?

Thanks

Bert

I am in the market for a piece of software that will calculate dive profiles. Ideally, it will cover all deco stuff with nitrox and trimix, open circuit, closed circuit and semi-closed circuit. A plus would be if it is available for both Windows and Android.

What is everyone using now? Pros? Cons?

Thanks

Bert

I think vPlanner will best suit your requirements.

Personally I use decoplanner as a primary tool simply because my buddies use it and it eliminates minor differences, but it doesn't run on android.

Do you know what algorithms you prefer/trust and suits your deco preference?? There are various implementations of each (GAP, RGBM, VPM, Buhlmann with/without GF, RD to name a few), understand how you want to deco and get something that fit your requirements.

V-Planner is one of the most popular models and have been field tested like others in both OC & CC.

V-Planner on Mac, iPhone, and Liquivsion X1, although I have a copy of iDeco Pro on my iPhone just to have Buhlmann GF handy for comparison.

A friend of mine recommended Baltic Deco. It's available on iPhone - don't know if it's available for Android.

Note: I haven't actually used it for dive planning, but it uses Buhlmann with GF as well as VPM, so I'm thinking it could be handy.

Henrik

It looks like V-Planner is the winner. I have downloaded it and have it runing on both my computer and my cell phone (I sure wish I could take my cell phone underwater :D) and I am playing with it now. Thanks for the feedback.

Bert

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom