Sherwood Avid CQR2 BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

quadcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys does anyone have any good or bad input on the Sherwood Avid CQR2 BCD? I see a lot of reviews that say it fits a "big person" well. Is this bcd made particularly for the bigger person? I am average, about 5'11'' and weigh 160lb.

Thanks,

DJ

I had one for a little less than a year when the bladder started leaking at the right lower seam under the weight pockets. I contacted Sherwood and the rep said that they have never seen an issue with an Avid leaking and it had to be something that I did to cause it to leak. The rep continued to tell me that I probably had a cat and the cat clawed at the BC and caused the leak, then he told me that if they saw any cat hair on the BC when they received the BC that it would not be covered under warranty. While speaking to the Sherwood rep he finished off with saying that I could not ship the BC directly to them and it had to go through a dealer(I hate companies that will not deal directly with the customer because dealing with a middle man just makes things more complicated) he then said that I should not even bother sending it in because it will most likely not be covered under warranty. After bringing the BC to the dealer and having them send it to Sherwood I only had to wait for three weeks for an answer they said they would replace it with a new BC. I received the new BC a week later and it seamed like it fit right but it is hard to tell in a store, the shop said it fit fine and I should be ok. Well I did my first dive with it and the straps were at the max adjustment and it did not seam to fit me right. well I went back to the store and compared it to another medium and it was much smaller the store owner came to the same conclusion and contacted Sherwood, this time the rep's response was that we were not measuring right and since it had been used once that it could not be exchanged for another BC. The dive shop got noware with Sherwood and finalley gave me my money back for the BC. I then purchased a Brigade from Scubatoys and have been happy since. I would caution anyone from doing any business with Sherwood unless you have an excellent dive shop to back them up.

My wife and I both have been using the Avid for about 18 months and have absolutely no complaints with fit, quality, or any other issues. Of course, we have not had any problems with ours so I can't speak to the "helpfulness" of their customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom