Holiday Shopping for Dive Gear

Holiday Shopping for Dive Gear

• Black Friday Frenzy! Deal Deal Deal! A penny saved...

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Shop Small Business Saturday - My LDS will hook me up.

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Cyber Monday - I'm a keyboard shopper.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Not purchasing any dive gear this holiday .

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Most LDS are small businesses. Does your holiday shopping list include scuba gear as a gift or for yourself? If so will you be shopping Black Friday frenzy, supporting the Shop Small Business Saturday, or keyboard shopping on Cyber Monday?

What are you looking for, what are the key factors that influence how, when, where you make your purchases?

I went to the local "mercadillo" (kind of an outlet+end of season) and bought two of each: reg, octo, BC, fins, SPG, quacking thing, tank light and some other toy I can't recall.

I'm going in a few hours to buy half a dozen more things to the normal shop.

Winter is the right time to buy scuba gear in Madrid. For some reason, people don't think about the beach when it's cold. (maybe because they're not going to maldives in a month! :D)

I went to my LDS on black friday and made out very well- got my first (used) drysuit and new fins and boots needed to go with, along with the undergarments. Keeping an eye out for cyber monday opportunities.

Sort of both. We've already supported our LDS buying some stuff for christmas (though not actually on saturday) and will be shopping on line for something that our LDS doesn't carry

However you shop, know that the way you buy some things can help our coral reefs. If you are shopping for scuba related books for gifts, I noticed that undercurrent.org has a pretty good list, and if you buy through them, though you are really buying from amazon, undercurrent donates the profit it makes to reef preservation and conservation. I think other places do the same, like shopping DAN products or Project Aware stuff. Just a thought....
DivemasterDennis

Purchased some spring straps from Scuba Toys.
All I needed.

I will be shopping (and buying!) at my LDS, but not on any particular day.

The only scuba related purchase I made was a 2nd gen dive caddy from DRIS. There's not a whole lot that I need, and that was the only good deal that caught my eye.

I had a few items on my list to buy, but was in no hurry to get them. They came up on Black Friday deals, so I grabbed them while the price was good. All online, though...no LDS is a dealer for the stuff I wanted.

I'm still in buy mode, only recently OW certified. I spent a ton at the LDS in the fall, and have made some further purchases from them. I purchased a CO tester as a Black Friday special on-line, after my LDS couldn't provide one. I just made a Cyber Monday buy for a bunch of odds and ends. Normally the LDS gets first crack, but if Trident doesn't have it, getting it is iffy.

Back
Top Bottom