Dive Magazines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robby:

I find Diver a great read and it often covers interesting subjects at the fringes of diving. It's published in Canada and claims to be "the longest-established scuba diving magazine in North America."

And DAN's Alert Diver had a recent makeover and is quite handsome, always informative.

The subscription-only Undercurrent is great but pricey. No ads whatsoever. They recently went to online delivery in pdf format.

I get these and Winter here in the PNW is a good time to catch up on back issues.

Since this is the basic forum I won't mention Advanced Diver and Cave Diving and Tech Diving Mag and the great photos and stories and . . . oops! :)

-Bryan

PS. The online-only Underwater Journal is a big file to download but well worth the wait for the pictures alone. And it's free.

I get Alert Diver, Dive Center Business, and Dive Training, which I do read thoroughly. I also give several recent editions of Dive Training to all my students. I get Sport Diver & Scuba Diving which I will scan through. And I read a bunch online like Underwater Journal, Xray & Wreck Diver or oscasionally read Advanced Diver, and some of the locals like CA Dive News, and Dive News Networks various editions for SE, NW, NE.

Frankly I read fewer and fewer print mags as more and more of them go online.

I get whatever comes with the DAN membership. I think it's "Alert Diver" or something like that. I've found most magazines are too filled with ads for me to actively seek out subscriptions. I am unwilling to part with money just so I can have advertisements trying to convince me to part with more of my money. If I want to learn something I read here. I've picked up a few individual magazines here and there but nothing consistent.

Dive Training, just because my LDS gets it for free. But it is very informative, and I like reading it in my spare time.

Scuba Diving Mag and Dive Training

Back
Top Bottom