T Shirt diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shortdivemedic

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
While packing for my trip to SA it was brought to my attention that I have a lot of T Shirts from different dive trips. I admit it in public I am a T Shirt diver ,I wonder if anybody else is

Cheers
Michael

There are many areas known as SA. Which one do you mean mate?

Alot of people i know dive with just t-shirts on (sometimes also pants).

But maybe you mean collecting t-shirts from different dive spots?

Dive t-shirts are a fashion faux-pas, as are retro-rock-concert t-shirts, visors that say, Waiohai Beach Club, and polo shirts that say Phi Gamma Delta Annual Pig Roast 1989. Unless you are younger than 24, in which case they are still in bad taste, but nobody expects anything else from you. If you are younger than 24, female, and blessed with a svelte figure, then they are not only acceptable, but fashionable, and perhaps even trend-setting.
:D

Aggressor used to sell t-shirts that I liked. The one from Palau had a crudely drawn shark beneath Palau in a pale shade of pink. Nothing else. I wore mine until it disintegrated in the laundry. Ditto the one from Truk, similarly designed in a pale green. I wore mine exclusively to the gym. If you insist on wearing them, wear them just about anywhere rather a dive boat, where you will instantly be recognized for the dork that you are.
:D

I now have only one dive t-shirt. It says Undersea Hunter, and then, beneath that, crew. I like the crew designation--it adds a dollop of fraud to ratchet up the dork factor. My fiancee has one from Apo Reef in a pale green that I bought to appease a persistent vendor there. I am surprised she actually wears it.

I actually dont pack shirts when I travel. When I need a clean shirt, a quick trip to the local market/gift shop fixes all of my laundry needs and I have a souvenir as well. Drives my wife nuts when I say Im packed and all I have is the scuba gear and a tooth brush.

I have two diving shirts. One from a shop in the Bahamas because I wanted a souvenir and hadn't gotten one yet. The other was given to me at the time of completion of my class by the shop at which I finished my OW cert.

I have never (and will never) wear either one on a dive trip. I have occasionally taken one or the other on vacations where I happen to have dived but not on the diving day. I use them because they're both quality t-shirts. Once they're dead, though, I probably won't buy any more.

To bobby, I suspect the SA in the OP is Saudi Arabia, based upon OP's location.

I buy dive t shirts only from places I've actually dived with, and I wear them till they disintegrate or become cleaning rags.

For some reason my favorite dive and Harley T's all seem to die an early death. :(

The ones I like a lot, I wear often, right up until they are confiscated as rags by the gf, because she is embarrassed to be seen with me in them. :idk:

I have a Scuba Warrior T-shirt I wear on dive trips. I bought it to support a worthy cause. I also have Cozumel, Roatan, and other T-shirts with exotic places on them that I wear locally, to show off where I've dived, just to make my friends a little jealous. All in good fun, of course.

Ron

Uh -oh.. A "fashion faux pas?" I'm kinda screwed then.

90% of my wardrobe has something to do with diving. Almost all of my t-shirts, which are my normal garb, have either my company logo or a dive company or a dive flag on them somewhere. I'm a big fan of "DIVE" company, Amphibious Outfitters, and a company called "Deep Down." They've all got some really cool - and in most cases, very subtle - designs that are not location-specific.

Nine chances out of ten I'm wearing either swimming trunks or swimming trunks under a pair of nylon running pants, which dry out pretty quickly. I'm rarely not wearing one pair of my four or five pairs of Keen shoes, which work great on land, on the boat, wet or dry.

I dive pretty much every day... Or close to it. It's what I do for a living. My truck, my boats, my place of work... There's dive flags and "Rebel Dive Flags" (my company logo) and dive paraphernalia everywhere.

Am I am walking fashion faux pas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom