Ambon to Raja Ampat on MV Ondina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice video!
I was on the Damai at the same time. We were trying to go from Triton Bay to Timor hitting some undived areas, but high winds and high seas kept us from getting there. We dived southern Raja (Pisang/Misool) instead. Good diving, but really was looking forward to more exploratory work.

Was that Manta Snady for Christmas? We were done in the Misool area for Christmas on Magic Mountain and had Mantas spend some time with us! What a special dive and what a special way to spend Christmas. Truly blessed!
You have done well to get a video clip done so quickly.

Hey, bugeye, was there a guy named Paul Morton on your boat? Seems like he didn't have a good time. Did he repeat himself a lot? Thanks for the video.

Awesome video! How was the Ondina?

We had another wonderful liveaboard adventure over Christmas ... the weather wasn't great but the diving was brilliant. Mantas almost every day! Here's a quick highlights video

ACD Dive Safari - Ambon to Raja Ampat - YouTube

I heard the weather was terrible at that time... and Ambon to Sorong.. not very protected!

Your video is great.. I can see my friends the fishes... nice music too and good color. Great job of editing.. would you like to edit mine too :wink: ??

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't work out how to do multi quotes so a quick reply all instead ...

Yes I was on the same boat as Paul. I've responded to his review with my own view on the trip in Trip Report: Raja Ampat Dive Resort (I know it's confusing having it in a seperate post but wanted to keep it along with where he wrote his feedback)

We were still at Seram (between Ambon and Raja Ampat) for Christmas. We finished off our trip at Manta Sandy on around Jan 2nd. We were blessed with Manta's on New Years morning (at the very end of the video you see Mantas colliding with the buoy line during our safety stop ... ahhh ... Raja Ampat! :))

We're planning a trip for next year, probably this timeframe, and I'm wondering if this sort of weather is typical for late December. I keep hearing this is an unusual year but I'd love some additional feedback.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom