fantasea case and SeaLife flash? p7000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phishphood

Contributor
Reaction score
So does anyone know if a SeaLife SL960 flash will work with the P7000 in a Fantasea FP7000 case? This is my first time trying to do anything with a hard case, thanks for the help :).

I just got a p7000 and Fantasea housing and am now working out the details, so I could be wrong. But, my thoughts are that if the sealife flash is set up for a fiber optic cable it will work (of course you might have to get a custom cable made.) Outside of fiber optics, I don't believe there is any way to hook up an external flash on the Fantasea housing. The shoe at the top is just for holding on to things, it is not a hot shoe (that would be pretty difficult underwater!)

Hi,
Any slave flash (a flash that can be triggered by its slave sensor) will work with the Fantasea FP7000 Housing.
The FP7000 Housing features a double fiber optic cable connection, which enables you to integrate up to two slave flashes in your system.
Fiber optic cables can be easily attached to the housing by using the dedicated adaptors featured on the fiber optic cable plate, positioned in front of the camera's internal flash.
You can setup the number of pre-flashes the camera fires on the Manual shooting mode through camera menus.
By the way, a full accessory system is offered for this housing. Check this link - Fantasea FP7000 Housing for Nikon Coolpix P7000
For further information, you're more than welcome to contact us at info@fantasea.com.

Dive safely!

Sharon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom