Vest for snorkeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sa

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
I'm Looking for suggestions for a vest i can wear over a wetsuit with lotsa pockets and straps similar to what scuba divers wear so i can attach equipment and gadgets for a long snorkel trip.

also i'm looking something like what people wear around their neck with the id card hanging, but i would like it to hold bigger stuff instead like a flashlifgt etc.

How long of a trip?

How about just a weight belt fitted with Drings to clip stuff onto. Or a weight harness.

I do not recommend hanging items on self that are not easily released that can be hung up on anything such as a plant. rock. or animal. I use a Boogie board with a "Goodie Bag" attached for camera, safety gear, water, etc. I use a weight vest which does have pockets for weights. They are made out of 3mm neoprene. I use a UK Q40 eLED flashlight attached to my gun. I use Otter Boxes for ID and credit card. Maybe check LeisurePro for ideas. I also sometimes use XSSCUBA pouch weight belt with D-rings and weight pockets, but the pockets are not secure for items unless modifying them. DiveRite, OMS, and XSSCUBA do sell pockets. The only items I have attached to me are a forearm knife and wrist compass and wrist dive computer. Mares, Omer, and SeacSub make weight vests.

I purchased my snorkel vest on Ebay and it has two pockets in the front along with loops to hook your camera strap to. If you search for Innovative Design Jacket Style Snorkeling Vest, it should come up and it sells for $50.99. I like this version since it zips up the front and you can tighten it with straps on the side. I usually inflate it slightly since I don't have a problem floating but do like the bright color since sometimes there are boats and jet skis. I have added a whistle to mine since it didn't come with one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom