Light for snorkeling?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SnorkelMonkey

Registered
Reaction score
I'm planning to head back to Hawaii later this year and the thing I'm most looking forward to is snorkeling. I'm curious if there would be any benefit to getting a light I could use to see into rocks and to bring out the trull colors of the fish and such. Any ideas or recommendations?

Definitely a good idea, I usually carry a small Intova torch, very useful to check crevasses and small caves for animals that hide during daytime, like Porcupine fish, Spotted Drum, Octopus, Lobsters etc. Also use it as an additional/alternative light source for photography, in certain settings.

Hi, SnorkelMonkey!!! Welcome to ScubaBoard! :D

I love my Intova Waterproof Ultra Nova Torch, 6AA Design, 220 lumens. If you get a "light sock", you can mount it on the back of your hand, out of the way.

It's a great light, and if you get into diving, it is a wonderful dive light! And if you get into tech diving, it is a wonderful backup light.

Thanks for the input!

Intova looks like a good brand, although the Ultra looks pretty big. What are the advantages over their AAA models?

You ain't going deep. A simple waterproof maglite will do just fine.

Back
Top Bottom