Galileo sol vs shearwater predator vs liquivision lynx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phasechange

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just looking for some goods, bads and opinions on each. I have read great things about the sol and predator but just saw the lynx and wondering if it would be better to wait for this. I have only seen the sol in person.

I am looking for a dive computer that can grow with me (I know I wont fully utilize it for a few years yet) but also want to have an easy to read (most dives are low vis and cold), easy to manipulate(dry gloves), good computer while i am working up to the more difficult dives.

I like the digital compass and air integration of the sol
I like the screen and future capability of the predator
I like the screen and air integration of the lynx

What other small or big things am I missing that can help deciding between the three?

thanks

I have the LUNA and love it. The compass is a dream to use. The air intergration is VERY reliable and the screen is fine to read.
Fully customisable.
I use mine in gauge mode most of the time.

the sol is a multi-gas nitrox compatible computer. you can do deco with it and carry multiple bottles with different mixes, but the helium has been promised 'next month' for *years* so don't get it thinking it will take you through trimix.

the predator is multi gas and has a trimix program built in. the oled display is amazing.

can't help you about the lynx.

I thought I would revive this thread now that:

1. Trimix is available for the Galileo computersm, with up to 10 gasses and gas integration for each (have to have a transmitter for each gas); and
2. The Lynx is out and in the hands of divers.

I do wonder, will trimix capability be added to the Lynx?

I am in the process of making the same evaluation as the OP>

Buy the Shearwater and be done with it. No goofy bells and whistles that you don't need. Seriously capable for any level of diving. The easiest computer on the planet to operate in any condition. The best customer service on the planet.

No one has ever bought a Shearwater and wished they had bought something else. But there is thread after thread of people wanting to trade whatever they got for a Shearwater.

Granted if Air Integration is your thing, then you are on your own. (See Above: Goofy Bells & Whistles)

Last edited:
I ended up going with the new petrel. Decided ai was not needed and liked having my compass separate in case of failure. The petrel is simple to use and is clearly visible underwater. The layout is easy to understand and all information needed is displayed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

No one has ever bought a Shearwater and wished the had bought something else. But there is thread after thread of people wanting to trade whatever they got for a Shearwater.

Have to agree. I have a Liquivision XEO with the RGBM algorithm. It does everything a computer should do, but I hate the tap interface and I am saving up the funds for a Petrel with VPM later this year.

I am also looking at the Galileo Sol Vs the Liquivision Lynx. Any more opinions on the comparison of the two? What would you get if money was no object?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom