1ST dives in the PNW.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mustang29

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just wrapped up my OW cert. Did our OW dives at the Sunrise Motel & Resort.

Had a great time, can't wait to go back.

Visibility was ok if you were the first one out, but with all 9 students it turned to 1ft. vis in a cloud of mud quickly.

My son & I stayed late after everyone else packed up & went back out, much better vis at that time. There were a lot more things to see than I expeted at this site, with all the OW courses that get done there. We saw several kinds of fish, tons of Dungee crab, Decorator crab, a fairly large Octo, and one of the dive cons, saw a wolf eel, but I could not locate it on our last dive. I guess thats a good reason to head back up there right away.

I wish I could have stayed for a couple more days, I really would liked to have gone up the road to Sund Rock and check that site out some. Maybe next month.

Glad you had a good time, and it sounds as though you learned why it's important to master a horizontal diving position and a proper kick if you're going to dive in Puget Sound!

The diving in Hood Canal can be really fantastic. I was just out there on Don Coleman's boat (PAC Adventures) a couple of weeks ago, and we had excellent viz and saw TONS of critters. It will definitely repay some repeat visits!

Back
Top Bottom