The PERFECT Dive Computer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving_Joe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for the perfect dive computer and wanted to get a little insight from the diving world. I want:
1. Multi-gas capability. (Air, EANx, and Trimix). Many can do this...
2. Multiple wireless transmitters. A few can do this.

Nice Bennies:
- Plays well with Mac.

The Suunto HeO2 does number 1 and is Mac friendly, but only handles one transmitter. :depressed:
The ScubaPro Galilleo does number 2, but has no trimix capability and requires Parallels to run on a Mac. :depressed:
The Oceanic OC1 does EANx and handles multiple transmitters, but no Trimix. :depressed:

Anyone know of a computer on the market or coming down the pipeline that will meet my needs?

Thanks,
J.

Sorry I have no answer, I'm no tech diver.. Just curious - what is the function of a second transmitter?

P.S. Give some money to charity..?

I'm not a fan of wireless transmitters, let alone having "multiple" ones hanging around, but seeing that is what you desire, you might want to look at the new Hollis DG05 computer. It has all the features you are looking for. (Not sure how Mac-friendly it is, though).

The Liquivision Lynx does both (multiple transmitters, multi-gas nitrox, no helium).

Eric

2. Multiple wireless transmitters.

Why?

---------- Post added May 8th, 2012 at 01:10 PM ----------

I'd say one of these. Or, how about a mask integrated with a Heads Up? If I had cash to spend !!! A mask integrated with a wireless module.

With a frickin laser beam on the side!

The suunto D9 is your best option, oh wait, I have one for sale :D.

Serious now, the Galileo Sol DOES have trimix, and the price just dropped significantly.
But I agree with others, no transmitter on tech dives.

According to your profile, you have no tech training and are not planning on it soon. That means you will have no use for multiple gas features for quite some time.

If I were you, I would not even think about those features until you are ready for them. A whole lot of what you are looking for then will depend upon what kind of training you undertake when you start tech training. I am guessing you will be very surprised at how long it will take you to reach the point that you will consider that computer, and by that time, you may either decide that you don't want any computer at all, or you want a totally different computer that does not exist now.

Serious now, the Galileo Sol DOES have trimix, and the price just dropped significantly.
But I agree with others, no transmitter on tech dives.

have they released the trimix update to the public? I know they just ended the beta test a couple weeks ago....

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?n1vexa

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom