Short dive report from the Straights of Mackinac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wolfie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
June 15 white Star - Scuttled no buddies
June 16 Thumb boat dive - Scuttled not enough participation
June 18 Straights boat dive - Scuttled Blown engine
June 19 Lake charlevoix dive - scuttled - buddies scared off by early storm even though weather was fine by planned departure.
Lets see what happens for June 20th?
Yup short report and it's making me mad.

Changing already. Dove the Barnum and st Andrew with n mich dive center this eve. Posted on DNY forum under DNY one man invasion of GLWC. Stan, can't wait to see you again.

Sorry I didn't run into you Wolfie. We were diving out of the DNR marina Thu-Sun. Pretty much had the place to ourselves!

Andy was on my boat the Narcosis and we ran out of the state dock Sat. and Sun.

I didn't know that was him or I would have said hello! I was on Jitka's boat. Darn it!

Sorry I missed you, you guys departed before I arrived on sat and you cleared the docks before we returned. I had dinner with Jitka on sat along with Andy from your group. Looked around for you Sunday a little but after the other dive boat came in there were just a lot of people (including me) trying to get out before the next front moved in. Posted about the trip in the DNY forum.
how'd you like the Minneapolis? Jitka said there were some strange currents around it?

I had a great time diving with Andy. He and I buddied up for multiple dives over the 4 days. The Minneapolis was a blast. Much more like a river dive than a lake dive. Not a ripping current, but a decent current that seemed to change directions every 10 feet. It was also odd in that the wreck supposedly starts at 60'. I'm not sure where! The part of the wreck that's buoyed started around 85-90 feet. It was a blast of a dive with a great close-up view of the bridge. It was also Andy's 200th dive, so that was fun!

Your right about the 60. It's kinda strange doing a 110 foot wreck as your shallow dive after doing the ward. I've got the same profile in my log book as well.

Back
Top Bottom