Eugene Skin Divers August Channel Islands trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jenner

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I see that Eugene Skin Divers is doing a Santa Barbara Channel Islands trip in August via Truth Aquatics, who's calendar says the trip is to San Clemente. I've done a few trips to the Islands before, but never with this dive shop and never to San Clemente. I talked to someone at the shop about the trip today, and she didn't seem to realize that Truth's calendar said the trip was to Clemente, but said it could be to any of the islands. Has anyone done this trip with them before? How has it been? How is San Clemente? I've heard that it's one of the best islands to dive there, and would be disappointed if the trip ended up at some of the cruddy spots at the closer islands. Thanks in advance.

It's the shop I used to teach for, it's bound to be an awesome group (they always are). I've done one Truth Aquatics trip, but in March to San Clemente. It was a great boat and a really nice trip. ESDS has been doing these trips at least twice a year for over 10 years, so they know Truth Aquatics and the dive sites really well.

Went to San Clemente on the Peace last year ... it was fabulous. As I recall, you need permission from the US Navy to dive there, which means it doesn't get as visited as many of the other islands.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

San Clemente and Farnsworth Banks are on the itinerary, weather and Navy permitting. Plan is to do 2 days San Clemente then Catalina/ Farnsworth, ending up northern Channel Islands. Eugene Skin Divers supply has been running this trip for 20 some years, should be great.

I just signed up, any other Scubaboard folks going?

No vacation in 4 years, sounds like you are overdue, where do you normally dive?

The marine forecast is looking good for San Clemente, we should buddy up for a Scubaboard dive.

See you on the boat, Tom

What a great week. Amazing conditions, clear blue water, awesome weather. I took some of the best photos I've taken so far. Trip photos are at Picasa Web Albums - Jak Crow, in the Seal and Sea Lion and Underwater sections. Still adding more too.

Last edited:
Excellent trip, the Vision is a great boat and crew. We dove San Clemente, Farnsworth Banks, Catalina and Santa Cruz Is. We attempted Santa Rosa as well but high seas thwarted us.

We did a night dive with Jak Crow, ain't them Horn Sharks cute? Good to see the photos, I will post some soon.

California diving at its best.

Beauuuuuutiful pix!! I visit ESDS booth every year when I go to our local Dive Show. I hope to go out with the group in the future, there's no better diving than on a boat, and in the Channel Islands! My "warm" water is when I go to Catalina. Well, then there's Hawaii too, but I get to Catalina more often. Thx for the pix....now on to the other threads.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom