Oceanic geo gone haywire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acsomos

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Sub Aqua Dive Center, Thulhagiri Island Resort, Ma
# of dives
Hello!
My oceanic geo seems to have some problem, I wonder if you can suggest something.
One morning it was suddenly in full deco, showing three dives I had not done, the last one a freedive to 54 meters for 1 hour and 50 minutes. :)D)
After 48 hours it seemed to be ok, the deco error having disappeared. I took it underwater, but it didn't even go into dive mode upon descent.
Now, when I press the mode button it doesn't do anything, just shows ALT blinking.

Until these incidents it had been working fine, I had changed the battery for a fresh one just 3 weeks before. Before that it had spent a year without battery. And before that it had been working ok, except that for years it kept showing "change battery" even when the battery was new, and kept turning off for a few seconds form time to time.

I bought it in 2007, it has about 500 dives.

Is it completely kaput, or can I do something to bring it back to life?

thank you!

Oceanic is known for great (and often surprising) service on their computers. I would contact them first and see what they say. My guess is that they will have you send it to them. Then cross your fingers for some great service like a repaired or replacement puter.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom