New diver looking at Zeagle BCD's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtperez

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I am newly certified and looking at getting a BCD. I want one for travel and warm waters and one with more lift and features for colder waters. I have narrowed it down to the Zeagle Express Tech for a lightweight travel BC and a Zeagle ranger for colder waters and just more features in general.
For the express, I found a brand new one with shoulder pads and the ripcord weight system. The person bought it and just never used it. What is the maximum that I should spend on this.
As for the Ranger, I found one in great condition and used only twice. I can probably get it for around 200 bucks. Should i check it out and get it for the price?

If only using the express tech for travel tell him keep the pads and weight system and offer around 150 bucks if it has ever seen the water.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

It has never seen the water. But he is only selling it all together since he wants to get rid of it all.. I was thinking of setting a maximum of 200 dollars for the express tech

I would avoid the Ranger, unless you intend to dive doubles and for some odd reason want to use a BCD (rather than a BP&W) when doing so. The Stiletto and Wicked Lite are both great Zeagle BCDs that travel well and have more features than the Express Tech. My experiences with the Stiletto in LTD form were all very positive.

Can't speak for the Ranger, but the Express Tech is one of the best BCs that I have ever seen.

But you can buy them brand spanking new on the interweb for about $180:
Zeagle Express Tech BCD

I can't seem to find one for 180. Even the link has it at 260. Is the express tech enough lift for a 7 mil wetsuit. I am 5' 10" and 160 lbs. On my open water dives with a full 3mm suit, i only used like 10-12 lbs max. would the small 24 lb bladder be enough to keep me afloat on my upcoming cold quarry dive?

I have the ET and a Ranger. I got the ET for travel but after I got the ET my ranger has hung in the closet. I use it for cold and warm diving. I love the smallness and stabillity of the ET compared to the bulk of the Ranger.

The 24# wing is very marginal for cold water diving but more than enough for warm water diving.

If I were you I would get the ET and find a used or new Zeagle 34-35# lift wing for cold water diving. It takes about 5 minuets to change the wings.

For a lot more info on the ET go here.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...h-first-last-bc-most-will-ever-need-want.html

You are a good candidate (size wise)for an Express Tech but you might like it better with the Zeagle 30# lift Donut bladder, and you can order that on your Express Tech/Deluxe. Zeagle's integrated weight systems, 519-WS120/130 do make the rig dive better especially with steel tanks. The shoulder straps are pretty abrasive and for tropic diving with a T shirt or less you might want shoulder pads.
I can't seem to find one for 180. Even the link has it at 260. Is the express tech enough lift for a 7 mil wetsuit. I am 5' 10" and 160 lbs. On my open water dives with a full 3mm suit, i only used like 10-12 lbs max. would the small 24 lb bladder be enough to keep me afloat on my upcoming cold quarry dive?

Back
Top Bottom