Has anyone taken a liveaboard trip with Divine Dive or Dive Komodo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shark girl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My husband and I are about to embark on a sailing trip through Indonesia and are looking forward to doing some diving on the way. When we reach Komodo we would like to join a liveaboard trip for a few days. We are on a budget and are looking for inexpensive but safe diving. I was wondering if anyone has dived on the liveaboards with Divine Dive or Dive Komodo? I know that their boat's facilities are basic (so's ours!) but am interested in any feedback anyone can give regarding their gear (we would be hiring), staff and boat safety. Neither of us have nitrox certification so that's not a concern.

Thank you!

Hi Shark girl,

we really can recommend Divine Diving! We already have been travelling and diving around Indonesia several times and always have a look at new places we have never been before, while combining with places we already have been and liked most. So Flores/Komodo is really a 'we like to come back' place!
The diving is great and as we also went diving with another company in our first times there, but we switched to Divine, and this year is going to be our fourth time to dive with Divine Diving.
Marij (the owner of Divine) and all of her staff are always well organized, very helpful and trying to make you feel as comfortable as possible. There are always experienced instructors and/or divemasters guiding the (small) groups, depending on the customers diving experience, so no worries about diving safety (including lifevests and Oxygen on board).
Usually we went for daytrips, but last year we did the a 3days/two nights diving safari as well and it was really fun and worth doing it! So we are going to repeat that as well this year!
We have never done 'real' diving liveaboards, so for us there is no need of luxury, our main interest is the diving. But even the boat is more basic, you will have everything you need and maybe more..
About the gear I can't say much, because we have our own equipment, but it always looked well maintained and we never heared of anybody having problems with it. I think Divine Diving is really reliable.

Hope that helps a bit,

Darja

Back
Top Bottom