Hollis SMS 100 and Backup Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I keep most things like that, including wetnotes, smb, another cutting device, in a pouch that clips off to the door handles on the butt plate....I just find things store nicer there than on the shoulder straps or in a drysuit pocket

FoxHound, what are you using for a bag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i'll take a pic when I get home but im using a 5.11 tactical bag, 10.6 Pouch (Horizontal) | Closeouts | 5.11 Tactical, with the molle clips removed.

I then took 2 quick links and 2 bolt snaps and attached them to the bag for clips, also ran a line of bungee inside to clip things off too much like a drysuit pocket so things dont go flying when you open it.

When I go to use it, I clip it off to a shoulder d-ring, get what I need, and then clip it back to the door handles.

I went with the 5.11 bag because i used some 5.11 gear while deployed to afghanistan and it put up with the exessive abuse I put it through there, figured it would stand up fine in the water.....which it does nicely.

Same way you would with twins, shoulder D rings running down your body, just don't confuse the boltsnaps for your bungees :p

Same way you would with twins, shoulder D rings running down your body, just don't confuse the boltsnaps for your bungees :p

I have tried this but find that area guys rather crowded, especialy when I have a couple extra bottles attached. Not to mention not being able to get to my lights as quickly when they are trapped under the bungies.

The bag idea is great, but I just don't see myself being able to access them as quickly as I would like in a situation where I would need to deply them.

I have tried this but find that area guys rather crowded, especialy when I have a couple extra bottles attached. Not to mention not being able to get to my lights as quickly when they are trapped under the bungies.

The bag idea is great, but I just don't see myself being able to access them as quickly as I would like in a situation where I would need to deply them.

How are your lights getting trapped under the bungees? Not trying to sound like an ass, but I am confused on how this happens. Granted I dive a bungee loop setup, and don't clip the bungees to the drings. The only thing clipped there are my tank necks and my lights. I keep everything rigged just like my backmount setups.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom