Hollis Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manni-yunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
:confused::shakehead::confused:

I have become EXTREMELY frustrated with the inability of Hollis to repair (8 month old and purchased from an authorized seller so its a warranty claim) and return my CAN light in a reasonable timeline. Still - no answer of an expectation of return. I would think that after a significant delay....it would just get replaced. But - no.

What options do I have. Ive called, emailed, called, emailed.

There has to be a way to get a light to me.

---------- Post Merged at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:38 PM ----------

To be fair to Hollis - I did get a call tonight. NO GOOD NEWS, but communication has improved. No parts until.........at least the middle of the month and still no ability to replace it with another model. SO Im out for several more weeks between parts, then the repair and test - then shipping.

Im happy with the increased commnication - but - I have to believe Hollis has resources to get a light to me, somehow.

Im not happy with the situation and the way Hollis cannot get a light to me.

:confused::shakehead::confused:

I have become EXTREMELY frustrated with the inability of Hollis to repair (8 month old and purchased from an authorized seller so its a warranty claim) and return my CAN light in a reasonable timeline. Still - no answer of an expectation of return. I would think that after a significant delay....it would just get replaced. But - no.

What options do I have. Ive called, emailed, called, emailed.

There has to be a way to get a light to me.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for contacting us here on Scubaboard. I have just checked with our customer service department on your light. Royce Connelly confirmed an email was sent yesterday, in addition he has followed up with a phone call to explain the repair and reasons for the delay. The tough part of any QC process includes the procedure of rejecting material or parts when they fail inspection. We are happy to announce both the LED15 and LED25 will be shipping again middle of the month.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Actually Nick - lets be perfectly clear and HONEST about the timeline. Todays email and phone call from Royce came AFTER the post on Scubaboard. The email was a carbon copy form the email I got earlier in the week and still have NOT had a reply....to my reply. Just the same email copied and pasted. No actual response.

For three weeks I was told "we will ship it next week"....." let me check with the repair department"...."I have this listed as a Rush so it should be out the door soon". Then no communication at all.....then, suddenly there were no parts to repair or build a light. All these answers were responses to my calls and nothing proactive on the part of Hollis. When I first called to make arrangements I was assured of a 7-10 day MAX total turn around and with the requested expediting, it should be faster.......:confused:

I guess I am a different animal and I cannot understand how an organization as large as yours, with the resources of Hollis, can get themselves into a positon of having absolutley no parts to do repairs, and have zero inventory to do a replacement with same, similar, or next up model light. Also - with the distributor and retail relationships you have - it would appear logical that you would find a way to get a light to a customer, somehow, within a reasonable timeline.

But hey, what do I know. Im just the guys calling, emailing, calling, emailing.....and FINALLY - posting on scubaboard got a response.

OH......and BTW - My light is NOT the 15W you referenced in your response. It is the 16w that was the predesessor. Please dont tell me you are repairing my 16w with 15W accessories????

Disappointed.

I also find it interesting that you post lights will ship middle of the month - which is 8 days from now......but you still have no actual parts onsite and have a build and QC process that apparently takes 1-2 weeks. How can you commit to shipping lights in 8 days to the general public with an unrealistic deliverable??

Actually Nick - lets be perfectly clear and HONEST about the timeline. Todays email and phone call from Royce came AFTER the post on Scubaboard. The email was a carbon copy form the email I got earlier in the week and still have NOT had a reply....to my reply. Just the same email copied and pasted. No actual response.

For three weeks I was told "we will ship it next week"....." let me check with the repair department"...."I have this listed as a Rush so it should be out the door soon". Then no communication at all.....then, suddenly there were no parts to repair or build a light. All these answers were responses to my calls and nothing proactive on the part of Hollis. When I first called to make arrangements I was assured of a 7-10 day MAX total turn around and with the requested expediting, it should be faster.......:confused:

I guess I am a different animal and I cannot understand how an organization as large as yours, with the resources of Hollis, can get themselves into a positon of having absolutley no parts to do repairs, and have zero inventory to do a replacement with same, similar, or next up model light. Also - with the distributor and retail relationships you have - it would appear logical that you would find a way to get a light to a customer, somehow, within a reasonable timeline.

But hey, what do I know. Im just the guys calling, emailing, calling, emailing.....and FINALLY - posting on scubaboard got a response.

OH......and BTW - My light is NOT the 15W you referenced in your response. It is the 16w that was the predesessor. Please dont tell me you are repairing my 16w with 15W accessories????

Disappointed.

I also find it interesting that you post lights will ship middle of the month - which is 8 days from now......but you still have no actual parts onsite and have a build and QC process that apparently takes 1-2 weeks. How can you commit to shipping lights in 8 days to the general public with an unrealistic deliverable??

Hi Sean,

The quality of the parts in your light and many others simply did not pass our inspection and were returned. As for the the LED16, this is a previous model to the LED15 which is no longer available. Instead of repair the old unit, we have decided NOT to move you up to the LED15, but the new LED25 instead. I'm not sure if Royce had explained this in his email or phone call. Lights are in the building now, please let us know which address you would like it sent to if you are traveling.

Thanks for your patience and feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions @ 888-383-DIVE.

Sincerely,

Hi Sean,

The quality of the parts in your light and many others simply did not pass our inspection and were returned. As for the the LED16, this is a previous model to the LED15 which is no longer available. Instead of repair the old unit, we have decided NOT to move you up to the LED15, but the new LED25 instead. I'm not sure if Royce had explained this in his email or phone call. Lights are in the building now, please let us know which address you would like it sent to if you are traveling.

Thanks for your patience and feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions @ 888-383-DIVE.

Sincerely,

Thank you for the update Nick. I havent heard yet, but I will send Royce an email today.

Still hoping to get a replacement...at some point.....still nothing.

Nick - what else can I do. I was told 2 weeks ago that a replacement was finally shipping on Monday via (3 day shipping). Still nothing. Ive sent 2 more emails and left more phone calls.

Wow sorry for issue however I intend to learn from your experience and consider other light options other than Hollis

Wow sorry for issue however I intend to learn from your experience and consider other light options other than Hollis

The product itself really is good. And I think that some of the people there really want to help, but, communication seems to be very hot and cold. I understand there are issues that come up - but at a certain point, I get frustated with not having the light for months at a time.

I was a Hollis fan until I bought, no sorry until 2 friends of mine and myself bought 3 Hollis scooter totaling US$ 12000.

The problem is we live in Lebanon and I wanted to buy a kit for the annual service of our scooter so I contacted Hollis, the direct answer was "your scooter is not user serviceable, send it to us and we will do the service".

Hahahahahaha can you imagine shipping 3 scooters to the US for a service. Let me bring to your knowledge that other reputable scooter company provide a full kit for service and spare parts with every dpv purchase. I so regret buying your scooter, my friend need to replace a broken part but he can't because your dealer doesn't have part for it, what a shame.

Now I have to watch my expensive investment die sooner or later since it can't be serviced.

Please explain to me how your engineer convinced you that was the way to go??? And please also explain what shall we do with our $ 12000 investment.

Last edited:
Hi Manni,

Lights are in stock and shipping now. After talking to Royce, he confirmed a unit was prepared for you and is most likely already in transit. I am unaware of the email or phone number you are using to contact our staff, however please feel free to contact me directly at 888-383-DIVE. Be sure and ask me for ME, I would like to assist in getting this resolved.

Thank you,
Nick

---------- Post Merged at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Valéry;6540092:
The problem is we live in Lebanon and I wanted to buy a kit for the annual service of our scooter so I contacted Hollis, the direct answer was "your scooter is not user serviceable, send it to us and we will do the service".

Hi Valery,

Very sorry to hear of your experiences. Regarding annual service of the unit, there are very few parts that fall into this category. If a major overhaul was requested, it could have suggested to maintain warranty to have this performed at our facility or an international affiliate office. Although, any of these parts are available for purchase separately.

Please let us know if we can explain this further. 888-383-DIVE or Info@HollisGear.com

Thanks,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom