Mares Integrated Puck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medicjack

Registered
Reaction score
Just completed the OW class a few weeks ago and starting to look at equipment. Doing AOW in a couple of weeks and then a cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman.

I ran across the Mares integrated puck that is available for $299 on a couple of sites. I know this model is discontinued (I believe) but seems like a good deal. I searched the forum for some reviews but did not find anything recent.

Anyone have any recommendations on this one?

Thanks in advance,
Jack

Are you talking about the Mares Puck Air? If so, it appears to still be available.

I use the wrist mount version (w/o air integration) since I like to keep an eye on my depth while I use my compass.

But I do love my puck.

I think that is the same one...here is the photo

Y3P-hriTDNSG6OCI-x6ry-iVXR9Op9rEzLuTWPNIGpywqnK_ziwKJQ_EEoCBSKVlRhMJj3L1SE_Efupfn9eUYrmzfodx8HSmFiE_aBr5837lCjwme44hQaErciPl7oeJX41UXZ77MCOB3Y8MP6byGr7q

It appears to the same one that's on Scuba.com and LeisurePro.com for about twice that price. Compare model numbers against the site below:

Puck Air - Air Integrated Computers - Mares - just add water -- 414161 or 414162 (with compass)

Either way, I paid about that much for my Puck Wrist without air integration. I'd say it's a great price!

Its all good as long as you don't need any support from Mares.....

Love the simplicity of my Puck (wrist, non-AI). Hate Mares (total lack of) technical support regarding their software. The Puck algarythm is somewhat "conservative" (as reported in reviews by DiveNav in their dive simulator), but that is okay. I did bend it once when it was a back-up to my primary (primary had me with 6+ minutes of BT left when we went up, and the puck tripped into deco by one minute while on the way up). Also, can't seem to find (and been looking for a year) the replacement lens protector....

You mean this one? (I don't know why there is nothing to link the entire URL together. Seems it should have had code for that space. But... Copy this entirely and paste it in the browser)

Mares from LeisurePro.com puck&Hit=1

---------- Post Merged at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Well that didn't work too well. Just go to the LP web site and search for "mares puck"

About the 7th thing listed is the lens protector

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom