Battery change Oceanic vt 4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crowny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, i have a very newbie question. I bought a vt4 and lov it, now i need to change the battery, this will be my first time ever doing this, and the battery replacement didnt come with instructions. i am guessing i open it w/ tool provided when i bought it, take out old o-ring and battery, replace with new ones, lube up o-ring, then close compartment. I am worried if i mess the o-ring up it'll flood. Thanks for the help

You are correct if you mess up the o-ring it will flood. That's the bad news. The good news is that in reality it isn't difficult. You do want to make sure that all surfaces are free of dirt, dust or hairs or anything else that could interfere with the seal. The O-ring isn't fragile and if it is in good condition can be reused. As for lube... use only silicon o-ring lube and just enough to wet the o-ring. It is lube and aside from allowing the o-ring to slip into the correct position does nothing to aid in sealing. Too much may actually harm the seal and attract contamination that will also harm the sealing action.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom