Milwaukee Area Shore Diving Locations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tablets

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of some good spots to shore dive in or around the Milwaukee area for Lake Michigan?

I'm not really looking for wrecks or even things to look at, but somewhere that has good daily access.

I know some folks who enjoy the SS Appomattox, just off of Atwater Beach in Shorewood, but I've not had the chance to dive it myself yet. The problem with Atwater Beach is that you've got to go (and lug your gear) down something like 120 stairs to get from street level to water level.

Yea I've did the Appomattox. It's definitely not the most convenient area.

The Volunteer wreck is off of Bayview Park. It's right by the 2nd break in the break wall heading south from Southshore Yacht Club. If you park on the road, cross the soccer field, and enter the water from the shore across from the break, you'll need to swim almost to the break and it's at about 8ft to 10ft of water. Still plenty to see and the breakwall has some fish to see too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom