Wing grommets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wannabedivebum

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!

I am a new owner of a scubapro 60lb donut wing. I wont go into the reasons for buying a larger capacity wing for such a new diver etc etc. I am just wondering how and if its possible to install a set of new grommets on the inside of the wing for bungee purposes. Im currently rocking a STA on a quite large wing ( say what you will im a poor student dont want to buy multiple wings) and would like to reduce some drag. However, the wing only has 4 grommets near the top in a less than optimal position for bungee straps. Thoughts, suggestions? Other than buying a new wing. Will a grommet tool from homehardware work fine? I dont want to tear and ruin anything on a brand new wing, that being said Im pretty tool savvy.

Thanks

Unless you have a much better reason, let it be. It's debatable whether strapping it down would make a significant difference. I've done it, reverted back.

I am only going to say welcome to the board and too bad you did not join before buying the wing. Good luck with the fubar-ing of the new wing as you are going to need it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom