Upgrading to the P7700

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karberg

Registered
Reaction score
I'm struggling between the P7100 and the new P7700. I currently dive with a Canon G9 however I'm looking for an upgrade and Fantasea's accessories really intrigues me. Hopefully they do the same on the P770. Any thoughts?

Hey,

I personally wouldn't pick any of those. If you only consider the specs, the only advantage of the p7700 over the G9 is the video. Sensor size is identical, which is one of the most important elements when buying a camera.
I'm currently using a G9 too, and the only "real" upgrade would be going 4/3, mirror less or DSLR. I'm going DSLR but 4/3 would be a cheaper option in case you are on a tight budget....
Good luck

Ben

Thanks for your reply Ben! Im trying to stay away from the DSLR and cost is a factor as well. Any other suggestion?

First of all, what is your budget if I may ask? :D

I would try and see if you can add a little bit extra to your budget and buy a 4/3 like the Olympus e-pl3 Olympus PT-EP05L Underwater Housing Review for the E-PL3 | Wex Photographic

If its too expensive for you, try to find a decent second hand one. Check the classifieds on Scubaboard and other websites. Its a really good camera....

Are you currently using an external strobe? If not, I would invest in that first....

Cheers,

Ben

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom