Any reason to avoid scuba.com?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just remember, only your local dive shop fills your tanks. How much is that worth to give them the business?

OP: “ No local dealers near me, so seems online is my best choice.”

Contact Divers-Supply.com and get a quote. They offer a 10% discount on first time orders (but there may be restrictions). Good luck!

I won't mention what dive computers I currently have. Suffices to say, I'm looking to upgrade after 20+ years. Any reason not to use scuba.com to pick up a Perdix 2 w/ transmitter? Seems they're $100 off retail.

No local dealers near me, so seems online is my best choice.

Every order i’ve placed w scuba.com has been promptly and accurately fulfilled.

I’m expecting boltsnaps today.

I won't mention what dive computers I currently have. Suffices to say, I'm looking to upgrade after 20+ years. Any reason not to use scuba.com to pick up a Perdix 2 w/ transmitter? Seems they're $100 off retail.
I've had no trouble whatsoever buying from LeisurePro and more recently Scuba.com. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. A buddy of mine recently ordered a BC from Scuba.com. UPS showed it as delivered, though it never showed up. They worked through this between UPS and Scuba.com and my buddy got his replacement recently.
Perdix AI, not 1.
Is the haptic alarm worth that much to you? that, and the ability to read four transmitters, are the only differences, I think.
Haptic alarm and a different screen material are the differences. Support for 4 transmitters was added to Perdix AI by a Firmware update around the time that the Swift transmitters were introduced.

scuba.com cannot fill your tanks, service your gear, teach continuing education scuba classes. You local dive shop can do these things and if you can, support them and not an online retailer.

scuba.com cannot fill your tanks, service your gear, teach continuing education scuba classes. You local dive shop can do these things and if you can, support them and not an online retailer.
They said they don’t have a local LDS that sells them, thus asking about the online option.

I have nothing against them. I try to buy everything from my Local Dive Shop. They do a pretty good volume. I had an issue with my dive computer (it went psychotic) and he got on the horn to the manufacturer and sent it in for them to play with. I did end up with a new computer. A good local shop can have some leverage and cred with the manufacturer which can make them a better source than online.

I live not too far from NYC and have used them as my lds for years. This text is from their web site:
We strive to give our customers the best possible service. We offer rentals if you are traveling or starting your certification, in-store servicing of your gear, tank fills and more. You can join our dive club, enroll in our PADI certification classes, and travel to popular destinations with our NY staff. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced diver, our team is ready to help. Come in and check out our Dive Shop today!

Did you miss the no local dealers sentence.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom