Zeagle Stiletto or Aqua Lung Axiom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

staggsSevin

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey Guys,

I'm in the market for a new BCD and I'm thinking I will pull the string on Friday to see if I can a decent deal. I decided not to go with a bp/w and have narrorwed it down to to a Zeagle Stiletto LTD or a Aqua Lung Axiom. I've been diving with a Mares Dragon, and a Mares Icon for the last couple years and I'm ready for a change and I have no mares LDS's locally anymore.

I was able to try on a Axiom and I liked the way it fit, however I will not be able to try on a Zeagle before I purchase it. I know from reading the boards that both seem to be a very good fit but I was wondering if I was missing something that would make the purchase a simpler choice for me.

I own a Stiletto and love it. That being said, it is also the only BCD I've ever owned. I am considering an Axiom because of the Wrapture harness system, the i3 inflator and the weight system. I recently tried on an Apeks Black Ice and fell in love with the fit. It doesn't have the i3 inflator but it does have the Wrapture harness and a similar weight system as the Axiom. The Apeks is über adjustable and really felt good. It's gonna be a toss up between the Axiom and the Black Ice for me. The Stiletto will still remain in my stable though. Either Stiletto or Axiom, you can't go wrong.

Same 2 I was deciding between last year. I struggled with the choice till I considered that I ALWAYS have to travel to dive. Try packing the 2 and ... Holy schinkes, the stiletto packs in about half the space the axiom takes. That made my decision easier and I have never looked back. The Zeagle fits like a glove, both were very comfortable. The new technology was cool with the axiom but when it came to packing - no comparison. I went with the Zeagle but I don't think you can make a bad choice between the 2. Both are excellent.

Thanks Guys! I was kinda thinking that either would be a good choice. I'm going to go by my LDS tomorrow and see about getting one.

I own a stiletto and love it, ~100 dives in it so far, though I only have rentals to compare it to.

I agree the fit is excellent, for myself at least.

I will eventually move into a very basic BP/W set up, though I will likely keep my stiletto.

I have a Stiletto and I love it. Fits great (I'm a woman, but I've heard many men say the same) and it packs easily... I even found on my way home from a recent trip that it packs even more easily if you take it apart and pack the wing separately (at least in my suitcase it did), if nothing else it gives you more flexibility in how to use your packing space (and you can have it back together in under 10 mins, easily). Can you do that with the Axiom?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom